Friday Fancies

Friday 7 November 2014


This Friday, the following are floating my boat.


1. Zara Fringed Bag




I bought the H&M fringed bag (in pale grey) earlier this year which a number of fellow bloggers have but I returned it as I didn't get on with the gold hardware on it. I also didn't manage to bag (ha ha) the lovely navy and black fringed Zara bag which I saw in the summer as I thought I would wait till the sales and when the sales came, it sold out like that - poof! But look what's just popped in to Zara? I think I just fell in love. This is sexy brown fringed loveliness at it's best. Fringe is in. Fringe on your skirts. Fringe on your jumpers, Fringe on your jackets. So fringe seems to be everywhere. Or are they called tassels?


2. Lulu & Co Rainbow Intarsia Jumper


Lulu & Co Sweater                                           Source


Up above the streets and houses, 
Rainbow flying high, 
Everyone can see it smiling - over the sky, 
Paint the whole world with a rainbow!


Remember Geoffrey, Zippy, George and Bungle? Yes? You're showing your age then :o)

Anyway, I was looking through one of the Saturday Telegraph supplements and came across an article featuring Lulu Kennedy, the lady behind the company Lulu & Co. Wearing the above jumper with a pair of blue jeans and a pair of funky shoes. Sold. Well it was easy wasn't it? You've got a lady with a grey jumper on, a pair of jeans and a pair of funky shoes? Sounds like me most days albeit not quite as cool and the shoes not so funky! But this is a look I can certainly picture myself wearing with or without funky shoes sipping my Earl Grey sat at home (see previous post). Let's keep playing that lottery!


3. Zara Boots




I tried these on in store and now I have a hankering for them. I think these could be the perfect school run boots! Now these are not for the uber glam people out there but they are perfectly good for the likes of little ol' me who wants to wear a pair of not totally flat boots which I can actually do the school run in. By school run, I don't mean, crash out of the car with the boys in tow, leg it across the road 200 yards and then back in the car again. I mean the proper 15-20 minute one foot in front of the other school run stomp. And back again! My first impressions of these are they are mega. Honestly go in to a store and try them on. Walk around in them. Let your feet be cosseted and caressed by the woolly fleece lining which are going to keep your tootsies so warm. Feel yourself bounce across the floor because of the crepe soles which provides that little bit of extra comfort. And I was thinking that if Acne were to make the low version of their shearling lined Pistols ... I think they would look a lot like these. What say you?




27 comments

  1. Love the fringed bag. Gorgeous! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd go for a nice leather bag Lynne!

      Delete
  2. Totally see you in the Rainbow jumper, Sue. Yes I remember the rainbow gang ...... the song took me back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I always found Zippy hugely annoying and I always thought poor George was a little put upon? Or was that my imagination?

      Delete
  3. I can see why you are smitten with the Zara boots Sue, they are a perfect alternative to the Acne Pistols if you after a lower heel! The bag is also fab, I hear where you are coming from with the hardware too, it's something that I really struggle with as I am so matchy-matchy! My perfect bag would have no hardware but they are like looking for a needle in a haystack! Like you I am a big fan of the Sunday glossies for uncovering little gems, the rainbow sweater is gorgeous and I love the way Lulu has styled with the funky shoes and jeans! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've struggled with some of my black handbags this year as I wanted to put the Jigsaw pompom on them but they were gold toned/brass coloured so I was restricted to a couple of bags which it worked with. There is a nice leather handbag on H&M though which has "black toned" hardware which I've looked at more than once. But can I really justify a new handbag just because of my pompom?

      And I love the newspaper glossies - I actually only get the Saturday Telegraph one because my sister saves them for me.

      Delete
  4. That Zara bag is a beauty, and the boots look so comfortable (I don't even need to say that I remember Rainbow, the fact that I see comfort before anything else marks me out as an auld 'un!) The shearling-lined Ash Virgins are on my Christmas list this year. Perfect school run shoes!

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tis a sign of age when we think of practical warm things before beauty. I often go out and look at the young un's and want to say to them "put a coat on love!".

      Delete
  5. Love the Zara bag! Vintage fringe story....my mum is Canadian (as am I), my dad is South African. They lived for a year or so in London in 1959/60 at the start of their marriage (before settling in Toronto). My mum took her favourite whiskey coloured leather jacket, with fringe, to the UK for this adventure. It was fashionable in Toronto...but the ladies of London laughed at it, and she even had comments about being a cowboy! So she took her nail scissors and cut all the fringe off! Fast forward 25 years later, my sister and I wore the heck out of that jacket...but always sort of wished mum hadn't chopped the fringe off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fringe story for you. As a teen, I actually added some fringing to a denim jacket I had. If I were to look back on that now and think did I look cool? The answer would be a resounding "no" but I thought I looked the bees knees at the time. Deluded young fool that I was.

      Delete
  6. Right now I am so cold that the idea of woolly fleece lined boots sounds like a little piece of Heaven!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't show me anymore fringe bags, I could have one in every colour and this brown one is lush x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I know, your daughter has the black one, you have the grey one .... I think you are missing a brown one?

      Delete
  8. Oh these Zara boots really tempt me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aissa, these boots have your name all over them!

      Delete
  9. Adore the bag and boots Sue but personally I'd give the jumper a miss lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - it's not for everyone isn't that jumper but sometimes, I just feel like having a bit of fun with my clothes and that jumper is nothing if not fun!

      Delete
  10. Oooh Sue love the fringe bag, and the boots are a great combo of style and comfort......love to hear that you walk your little folk to school, that's a proper mum! Helen xx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confession time - I am a fair-weather walker. For the first half term, I tried really hard and then the wet mornings started coming in and I chickened out. I used to get praised every day by one of the mums when she knew I'd walked as she knew I wasn't a big walker.

      Delete
  11. Those boots are a great find, you should snap them up right away! And yes, totally pistol-esque, with that seaming and everything. The bag is super fun too, and I think Zara bags are way better quality than H&M ones so you should go for it! I have a vintage brown suede jacket with fringe all over it tucked away in my closet. Never wear it, but it's one of those pieces that I think, maybe one day, I just might get up the courage. A bag would be way easier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love those boots but I'm trying to work out whether I would actually get my wear out of them. I currently live in the Adidas Stan Smiths and I still have boots begging to be worn which deserve their turn out of the wardrobe. Thing is, I think I actually reckon I would wear these because they were super comfy when I tried them on and which is why I have them now on my brain. I have officially become my mother as I now rate comfort far higher than whether looks good although if I can combine the two, that is a bonus!

      And a suede fringed jacket eh? I look forward to the day when it makes it's appearance.

      Delete
    2. I think you'd get a ton of wear out of the boots. They seem like every day staple boots. And cute as your sneakers are, they are not to going to keep you warm all winter. (I will say, after eyeballing them for myself, I opted for a pair of high tops and got these: http://en.aw-lab.com/collection/adidas-pro-conference-hi-5046171 Sort of out of my comfort zone style-wise but they make me feel so bad-ass in a 1980s kind of way). So I say go for the boots, quick, before they disappear!

      As for the jacket, I'm pretty sure that one's going to stay in the closet for another few years :)

      Delete

Susie So So